1) Pic ur Photo curates the best hotspots, and the resulting images inspire people. We have customers who have bucket lists of photos they want to get, and others who travel 4 hours to a specific location they saw on our website, or an experience they want to have.
2) There’s no pressure on our shoots (price, convenience), so our customers end up with photos that are natural. A customer might travel across the country or squeeze it into a lunch break.
3) Pic ur Photo is the first platform where you can see the result before buying the photos you want (you, you know…pick ur photo). We require a minimal deposit, but that money goes into a user’s account as a credit.
4) Pic ur Photo is the first platform where you can see a photo in our content and book that location from within the photo. We do that by predicting and scouting the best photo locations.
5) Photographers set their schedule, and users book. No need for communication about availability, location, portfolio, price…a freelance photographer will typically use 5 different services to run their business (think Squarespace, Dropbox, PayPal, WhatsApp, and other social medias, etc..). Our photographers only use one.
6) The customer doesn’t browse different photographers, and there’s no complicated signup process. Customers book whatever photographer is scheduled in the location on the day they book. And, we have a closer relationship with our photographers than other platforms, meaning we fill up the entire schedule they want to work.
On competing platforms, photographers don’t get enough gigs, get bored, and leave. It might look like an active place, but it’s not (usually). All open slots on our platform can be booked and already have a photographer scheduled to handle them.
People resort to using their smartphones. We’ll take customers from the more traditional photo services industry too, but roughly 80% of our customers had never hired a professional photographer before. People use their smartphones, because they’re convenient and the price is negligible. That’s the market we’re aiming for.